Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

1940 U.S. Federal Census

On April 2, 2012, the U.S. Federal Census for 1940 will be available.  The United States has a 72 year rule for privacy.  I must admit that there are probably many people still living that are indicated in this census.  While the 1930 U.S. Census has living people, we are now entering into a realm of even more living relatives.

While I am hopeful of finding some very interesting information in the 1940 Census, I am trying not to set my expectations too high.  As we move closer to present day, there are fewer mysteries that apply to my ancestors.  By the 1940s, I probably already know the locations of my direct line.  I suppose we will see what happens.  April 2nd can't come to soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment