Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Börninghausen - Vinup / Vienop and more.

Working on my genealogy for this rainy day. I pursued more of my Vienop line which originates in Börninghausen, North Rhine-Westphalia in Minden-Lübbecke district which is part of the city of Preussisch Oldendorf. Let's just say Google translate has been a great help. The last time any of my family members actually visited Family members in this location, from California, was my GG grandfather, Henry Vienop and his daughter, my Great Aunt Minnie, in 1925.

My Aunt Marie's and Uncle Herb's previous research takes me back to about 1700 with sourced proven info. I have since gotten back into the 1600s and one person back into the 1500s with some sourcing on Ancestry. It helps that they all lived in the same place and communities right by Börninghausen and most of the surnames are rather unique German names, except maybe Koch.
The 1925 family occupation there was cigarmaking and farming. Someday I hope to get to visit. Not that I'd find any relations there but who knows. The further back I go, the more people I find are from this specific location, on this branch of my family tree.



No comments:

Post a Comment