Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Blog and Genealogy Email, Correspondence, and Networking

I have been so fortunate over the past 3 and a half years in my genealogy research.  Not only have I been able to discover my family tree, I have been able to connect with so many people.  Some of these connections have been in person and some were in the virtual world of the computer.

In the virtual world, so many quick correspondence are possible.  I've posted to various message boards which have resulted in emails to and from various people with like interests or even people who share the same family line as myself.  I am so grateful for their responses and shared information.

Skype has proven to be a wonderful way to communicate with others about our family tree.  From New Zealand to New York to Ireland, I have met relatives that I would not have a chance to see in person everyday, year, or decade.

The "in person" meetings have been so genuine and amazing.  I can only say that I hold onto the memories of those meetings with sheer joy.

Trying to maintain all of these connections has proven to be quite the challenge.  My life takes me away from my genealogy depending on the day or month.  I do, however, keep thoughts of everyone who have contributed to my quest to find my family tree.   As living members of my tree or observers, you have made it so worth it.

Even if I am unable to make a personal contact with each and every one of you regularly, I want you to know that I appreciate all of you and our connection.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment