Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Maxwell Info and Fairfield, New York - Part 1

Another book that I received from my Maxwell researcher back east is "This Green and Pleasant Land - Fairfield, New York", by Jane W. Dieffenbacher, copyright 1996.  This book has over 450 pages in it.  I've read parts and pieces of this book.  There is a whole lot of information gathered in this book about the area in and around Fairfield, New York.  It truly is a history book for the area.

The following are some notes that I took while looking through this book:

1.  This area of New York is north of the Mohawk Valley.

2.  There were several German Settlers and pioneers in the area.

3.  The Revolutionary War was fought in this area.

4.  The area was used as farmland.

5.  From 1812 to 1841 there was a Fairfield Academy with a College of Physicians and Surgeons of the Western District of New York.

There is literally so much detail in this book that is hard to condense it into a few notes.  On page 77 of this book, I find a picture of those who worked on town board in 1996.  There is a Dennis Maxwelll in the photo.  I wonder if he is related to my Maxwell's.  The Lynch and Molineux names pop up again in this book. 

Right around page 173, I realize that the author of this book has tried very hard to include everyone from the area, some great old photos, and some good maps.  She does move along through history with information about her own family tree.  If someone has family origins in this area, they are sure to find them referenced in this book.

On page 410, I find some Maxwell's.  James Maxwell married Mary Lee in 1951.  James was born in Newport at the home of his grandparents James and Margaret Maxwell to his parents Dennis and Doris Morey Maxwell.  James and Mary Maxwell's children are Sandra, Dennis, Joyce, Patricia, Susan Marie, Bonnie and James Maxwell, Jr.

I have to admit that some of the above Maxwell's may be living individuals.  I so dislike listing potential living people in my blog but these names and their immediate families are published in this book.  I will be updating my family tree as soon as I figure out where they connect into it.  I'm not exactly certain.

To be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment