Note: For privacy reasons, living people are not identified in this blog without permission.

Cheers!

If you would like to be contacted about a comment, you must leave me a way to reach you. Please include your email address. Thank you!

Follow This Blog!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Joseph Patrick Maxwell and Family - Part 3

Let me get back on track with Ellen's letter.

Anne Gray, whose father was the son of Mary Maxwell Gray - one of the seven children from Joseph Maxwell and Judith Shaffrey - has just spent three weeks visiting a nephew in Pasadena.  During that visit she flew up here in order to have a few days with us.  We loved her - a charming, intelligent, well educated woman, now a widow and now Anne Gray Glover.  I hadn't seen her since 1939.

I showed her your letter and she recalled that in 1929 or 1930 when she spent a month or so with my parents at the old Napa Carneros place (The Flanagan Ranch), she had been a dinner guest in your home.  So she remembers your Dad and Mother and your brother, Owen, too.

She and I agree on the Maxwell "stuff" transferred to you this letter.

She had childhood memories of stories told about the Duffys and said that if you care to write her, she may be able to help with your Duffy saga.............

Enough for now.  As I catch something that may interest you, I will send it through.

Happy researching,

Ellen Flanagan

I am sending a copy of this letter to Owen.

Ellen definitely knew information about the Maxwell's.  She also knew how to reach some of her cousins too.  She seems to be missing some of the children of Joseph Patrick Maxwell.  She may have found the full information later.  I will be checking my notes and research.

To be continued.................

No comments:

Post a Comment